Is Systems of Sight Right for Me?
Every Person Is Unique
Systems of Sight has helped many people maintain or regain a level of personal independence and lifestyle enjoyment. However, each person is different as to their eye condition, eye health, and their ability to adapt to the eyewear.
Step One: Interview
Before scheduling a consultation, our staff interviews potential clients to determine whether their current eye health makes them a candidate for consultation. This interview is free to the potential client and can be done by a phone call to 800-435-7706800-435-7706 or by email.
Among The Information We Ask About Is:
- The Type of Central-Vision Impairment You Have (Macular Degeneration, Macular Hole, Diabetic Retinopothy or Another Condition)
- If You Have Severe Glaucoma
- If You Have Severe Cataracts (Cataracts Are Rated On A Scale Of One Through Five, With Four And Five Being Severe.)
- If You Have Wet Or Dry Macular Degeneration (If Wet, It Must Be Stable For At Least One Month. Due To The New Advancements And Procedures, We Now Have Around The Same Success Rate For “Wet” ARMD As We Do For The “Dry” Type.)
The answers to these questions help us evaluate whether a consultation would be advisable. The client can then decide whether to proceed and schedule a consultation at one of our locations.
Step Two: Consultation
During the consultation appointment we will do an in-depth evaluation of our client’s current vision and allow them to see what vision they could expect with their own customized eyewear. The cost of this appointment is $125 at our Orlando location and $250 at our Memphis location. The cost of the eye wear is the same for both locations. The consultation can take up to an hour and a half to complete. Call 800-435-7706800-435-7706 to schedule a consultation.
During the Consultation We Use Areas of Evaluation Found In Standard Visual Tests As Well As Additional Tests Which:
- Allow The Client To See How Their Corrected Vision Can Make A Difference In Their Everyday Life.
- Evaluate The Client’s Vision Using Conventional Eyeglasses.
- Test The Client’s Vision For Distance Vision And Reading Ability.
- Test The Client’s Vision Using Our Test Set That Simulates The Systems Of Sight Final Eyewear To Compare To Vision With Conventional Eyeglasses Both Objectively And Subjectively.
Step Three: You Decide
After the evaluation and consultation, we discuss the results with the client.
We Encourage Our Clients To Consider:
- How The Systems Of Sight Eyewear May Work For Them
- Their Results When Using The Eyewear
- Whether The Improvement Is Affecting The Quality Of Life Enough To Warrant The Investment
The decision is always the client’s, and we evaluate each person with the greatest care and compassion. We guarantee the visual acuity at the time of fitting to be the same or better as the initial consultation.
In Addition To Macular Degeneration, Eyewear From Systems Of Sight May Help Those With Other Types Of Central-Vision Disorders Such As:
- Cone-Rod Dystrophy
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Macular Hole
- Nystagmus (Dampens In Some Cases)
- Ocular Albinism
- Ocular Histoplasmosis
- Retinopathy Of Prematurity
- Stargardts Disease